University of California, Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara California
Enhance your love for the game in Southern California at Vogelsinger Soccer Camps
Join us this summer in the beautiful, sunny coastal town of Santa Barbara to improve your soccer skills while having fun with your friends. With average summer temps hovering around 75, there's nothing to hold you back from being outside doing what you love for up to three weeks of soccer camp.
- Players grouped by age and skill level to help you get the most out of camp
- Self-evaluation and coach evaluations for each player so you can keep improving after camp
- Every camper will receive a Nike uniform and Nike soccer ball
- Special goalkeeping training is offered each week
- View More Details
Camp Director Doug Parra
Coach Parra has been with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy for over 36 years and is a valuable mentor to young athletes. Coach Parra was coached by Hubert Vogelsinger and then worked alongside him for 25 years.View Doug's Bio
Keeper Coach Graziano Baldanzi
This is Graziano's 5th year with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy.View Graziano's Bio
Coach Darran Jones
This will be Darran Jones 17th years with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy.View Darran's Bio
Coach Martin Rocca
Coach Rocca has been with Vogelsinger Soccer Academy for 14 years.View Martin's Bio
Our objective is to help you reach your highest potential. We set the momentum, accelerate your soccer learning path, and empower you to reach your goals.Show Less View More Details
Programs offered at UCSB:
Academy (June 18-July 8): Individual Skills and Techniques; Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression and Tactical Concepts/ Positional Progression
Mini Academy 1 (June 18-July 1): Individual Skills and Techniques & Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression Mini Academy 2 (June 25-July 8): Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression and Tactical Concepts/ Positional Progression
All Star School 1 (June 18-24): Individual Skills and Techniques
All Star School 2 (June 25- July 1): Positional Techniques/ Technical Progression
All Star School 3 (July 2-8): Tactical Concepts/ Positional Progression
Campers are assigned training groups first by age, then by skill.
- Overnight Campers: Sunday between 2-3pm
- Extended Day and Day Campers: Sunday 3pm
Uniform distribution at 3pm.
A TOTAL PACKAGE: All Vogelsinger Soccer students receive, as part of their tuition, Nike gear and a Nike match ball. Academy players receive two complete sets of Nike uniforms and two pairs of socks. All Star players receive two jerseys, one pair of socks and shorts. Players are required to wear the official uniforms and socks at every field session. You may order extra uniforms from the office (888-780-CAMP), camp store or on-line. Jersey: $15 Shorts: $15 Socks: $10.
Check out: Parents are invited to attend skills review session on Saturday at 9:00 am. Program ends at 11:30 am. Last meal is breakfast.
FOURTH OF JULY: All Academy students and staff attend the Goleta fireworks display. The bus to Gersh Park and entry fee is included in the price of camp. Must have permission slip signed.
Spending Money: For pizza, subs, sodas – suggested amount is $30 a week. We order pizza for late evening snacks, delivered at 8:30pm.
Room Key Deposit: Tropicana Del Norte requires a room key deposit of $50. Please bring a check made out to “USSC” for that amount and we will hold it for you until the key is returned on the last day of camp.
Dorms are not air conditioned. Bring linens or sleeping bag. Mornings and evenings are chilly. Please bring sweatshirts.
A certified athletic trainer is on full time staff.
If you have a group of five or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount.
To register a group online: Please have one person contact the USSC office with the names of each camper in the group at 1-800-645-3226 to create a unique discount code. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. To register a group via mail/fax: Please have each camper fill out our registration form. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All registration forms must be received at the same time via mail or fax. Fax registrations to 415.526.5945. Mail registrations to Nike Soccer Camps 1010 B Street, Suite 450, San Rafael, CA 94901.
Early arrival: For students travelling from far distances may arrive a night early for an extra fee of $50.
Weekend Stayover for Academy and Mini Academy students: The weekends are “rest time” for multiple week students. There is a required schedule of non-physical activities on both Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Saturday schedule: On field program 9-11:30. Lunch: noon; Free time: 1-4pm; Stretching and Visualization: 4-5pm; Dinner and free time: 5-8pm; Evening meeting and Blockbuster movie: 8pm.
Students can leave UNSUPERVISED but only if they have a signed permission slip. The permission slip is in the registration packet sent to Academy players only. Isla Vista is a very small village, located four blocks from the dorm. Shops/restaurants include Starbucks, burrito shop, Subway and small grocery store. Weekends are also a good time to do laundry (bring detergent and quarters).
Airport: Santa Barbara (10 min. from campus)
Preferred Airport Arrival: 12:00pm – 1:30 pm
Preferred Airport Departure: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Airport Shuttle from LAX: We recomend using Prime Time Shuttle. Please call 310-862-2391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Directions/List of Hotels: For any parents looking to stay in the area during camp we have a list of hotels nearby which can be found HERE . We are not affiliated with the UCSB admissions page but this can be used as a resource.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 6:30am Wake-up
- 6:45am Soccerobics (Mandatory Monday-Wednesday), then voluntary. We strongly encourage participation.
- 7:15am Breakfast
- 8:45am On the field - Attendance
- 9:00am Stretching
- 9:15am Warm-ups
- 9:30-10:30am Individual technical skill instruction
- Advanced technical skill instruction
- Positional specific technical skill instruction
- Fast footwork/dribbling and feinting
- Advanced dribbling and feinting
- Position specific dribbling and feinting
- 10:30am Go for Goal: shooting with and without opposition
- Interpassing and finishing
- Interpassing, crossing and finishing
- Finishing 1v1 with keeper
- 11:00-11:30am Small-sided games (controlled)
- 11:30am Cool down, recreational activity/swimming(not all sites)
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm Mandatory rest
- 1:45pm Stretching and warm up games
- 2:15-3:30pm Individual tactical instruction
- Advanced tactical instruction
- Positional specific tactical instruction
- Individual functional tactical instruction
- Group functional tactical instruction
- Positional specific functional tactical instruction
- Team functional tactical instruction
- 3:30-4:30pm Team with Coach
- Instructional, fun, small-sided games
- Preparation for evening games
- 4:30pm Cool down, recreational activity/swimming
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:00pm Mandatory rest
- 6:45pm On-field attendance
- 7:00-8:30pm Evening Games (small sided 11/side)
- Game preparation, stretching
- Warm-up and game instructions
- 8:30pm Cool down
- 9-9:15pm Evening meetings, ages 9-13. Post day comments, next day planning
- 9-9:30pm Evening meetings, ages 14-17. Post day comments, next day planning
- 10:00pm Lights out for ages 13 and under
- 10:30pm Lights out for ages 14 and over
University of California, Santa Barbara
6525 El Colegio Road
Share this camp
Camp Dates & Prices
Finding the right camp is easy!
Type in the kind of camp you're looking for and we'll show you what's available.